Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Review - The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Immortal Rules
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: Blood of Eden, #1
Release Date: April 24, 2012
Pages: 485 (Hardcover)
Date Read: July 9-11, 2012
Received: Bought
Rating: 5/5 stars It was amazing!







Back Cover:
My vampire creator told me this: "Sometime in your life, Allison Sekemoto, you will kill a human being. The question is not if it will happen, but when. Do you understand?"
I didn't then, not really.

I DO NOW.

Inside Cover:
In a future world, vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity.
Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked---and given the ultimate choice. Die...or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend---a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of the humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what--and who---is worth dying for.

Cover Impression: I liked the cover. I've always loved vampire books so I thought this was a unique picture for the cover. Vampires shedding tears of blood when they cry..sad but awesome.

My Thoughts: I loved this author ever since I read the Iron Fey series that I had borrowed from a friend. In the last book, The Iron Knight, there was an excerpt for this book and after reading it, I could not wait for The Immortal Rules to come out! It sounded like a different kind of vampire story but in a good way.

This book has great action, a kick-ass heroine, an amazing romance, and a chance to save the world. The details and the writing in this book are so great, you get sucked into the world with these amazing characters. I wanted to fight alongside Allie with her katana and kick some rabid butt! *hehe* But also at times, I was scared for the characters when they were fighting cause you never know if someone will get hurt from either humans, vampires, rabids, or rabid-disease-zombie-animals D:

Allie is turned into a vampire by Kanin, who is an awesome vampire who you sorta grow to love :) He's one of the main characters in the book. He saved her and also has to teach her everything to being a vampire. He teaches her that the Hunger will never go away unless she feeds on human blood..if she doesn't the Hunger with make her go mad and she will attack and kill anyone.

When Allie has to leave her city, she ends up finding a group of humans who allow her to come along on their journey. In this group, there is a guy who is Allie's age named Ezekiel "Zeke" Crosse. I love when books have cute romances. XD When Allie and Zeke first met, I just knew it was meant to be! But I also knew Allie was a vampire so it is a complete risk and she knows it too. So she had to be smart and not get too close to him. But I'm a sucker for a forbidden romance so I root for them all the way! :P

Allie learns that the group is trying to find Eden, a completely human city, and try find a cure for the disease. I want to tell more but I'd hate to give the rest of the book away D: but there is a crap ton more that I haven't told you so get the book!! I recommend this to everyone!! It is a great read and you will fly through it. I can't wait for the next book to find out more on Allie and everyone! This is my first review so if you have any advice please let me know :) I want to get better at this. Thank you for reading and get the book :P *hehe*

More on this book series check out --> http://www.bloodofeden.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment